Register for Slam
Click the icon to fill the slam registration form.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR SLAM POETRY
The Abuja Literary and Arts Festival 2021 being organized by the Abuja Literary Society will feature a series of events, seminars, presentations, exhibitions and the popular POETRY SLAM competition. This year, the Slam will be held physically but with strict compliance to COVID-19 protocols.
The slam will take place at Transcorp Hilton Abuja. Social distancing and masking will be enforced.
- Poets will fill an online form indicating interest to participate in the slam.
- As part of the online interest form, a submission of one poem is required for selection purposes
- The shortlisted participants from the pool of applications will be notified before 30th September, 2021
- Confirmed participants will also need to purchase paid ALITFEST21 tickets from alitfest.com at N3150.
Only poets who have emerged as finalists in a slam anywhere in the world are eligible for this competition. Applicants will be required to provide verifiable proof (video/article links, etc.) to demonstrate this during submission.
Confirmed participants will also need to purchase paid ALITFEST21 tickets from alitfest.com at N3150.
TECHNICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES
- ALS reserves the right to publish videos of performances on ALS platforms for marketing and publicity purposes.
- CAVEAT: In line with data protection regulations, participants will however be given the option to sign an online consent form to grant ALS rights to publish videos and to opt out as preferred.
#ALITFEST21 Slam Prizes - Sponsored by Hamu Legal
Here are some of our rules
Rules for slam poets
These are some basic rules to #ALITFEST21 Poetry Slam
Our rules of engagement are really simple! If you have any questions, get back to us on email@example.com
Rules 1 - 3
- The ALS Slam consists of 3 rounds.
- Contestants must prepare 3 poems in case they advance to the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
- Poems can be on any subject and in any style.
Rules 4 - 6
- Each poem must be an original piece written and performed by the author.
- Performances are timed and should not exceed:
- (a) 1 minute for the First Round;
- (b) 2 minutes for the Second Round; and
- (c) 3 minutes for the Third Round.
- No props are allowed.
Rules 7 - 10
- No costumes are allowed.
- No musical instruments (leave the drum set out) or pre-recorded music are allowed.
- Each poem may only be used ONCE during the competition.
- Speak up and clearly (we want to hear you and know what you are saying).